What are invitationals?
Science Olympiad Invitational Tournaments allow Science Olympiad teams to participate in tournaments that do not impact regional or state advancement or rankings, but are often used as tryouts for team members and as preparation for teams that compete in regional, state or national tournaments. Across the country, many campuses and schools host these events to give teams a chance to perfect their devices and get a feel for the difficulty level of tests and labs.
While participation in Science Olympiad Invitational Tournaments is optional and in most cases requires a separate event fee collected by each Invitational Director, all school teams participating in a Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament must first be a registered member of the state and national Science Olympiad program. Be sure to register your team on our website!
- January 8, 2022 - National Invitational Tournament
- Open to all Division B and C teams and hosted virtually by the 2022 National Tournament organizers
- This tournament will allow teams from all over the country to experience the National Tournament experience as they may find the approaches and formats similar to the National Tournament. To mirror the format of this year's National Tournament, the National Invitational will be run using the Satellite model where teams compete at their own schools under the supervision of their coaches.
- For more information or to register, visit the Science Olympiad National Invitational website
- October - February - Many more invitational options!
- For a list of both satellite and in-person events, visit www.soinc.org/play/invitationals